COVID-19 Safety Information
Go Kart World takes safety very seriously. In fact, during a recent inspection by the L.A. County Dept of Health, we were complimented on the numerous safety procedures we’ve implemented.
The following is from the CDC’s website on the topic of “Deciding to Go Out” https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/deciding-to-go-out.html
Activities are safer if:
You can maintain at least 6 feet of space between you and others. COVID-19 spreads easier between people who are within 6 feet of each other.
They are held in outdoor spaces. Indoor spaces with less ventilation where it might be harder to keep people apart are more risky.
People are wearing masks. Interacting without wearing masks also increases your risk.
Not only is Go Kart World in compliance with these three CDC recommendations, we’ve gone above and beyond. A complete list of our safety protocols are below.
1. Facemasks must be worn by everyone on the property at all times.
2. All staff have temperatures taken before start of their shift.
3. Property is continuously patrolled by a manager and security, ensuring masks stay on and social distancing is observed.
4. Go kart steering wheels and seats are sanitized after each use.
5. Bathrooms and flat surfaces are sanitized every 30 minutes.
6. Helmets are sanitized after each use.
7. A new headsock is issued to each new racer.
8. Arcade & restaurant are closed and blocked so customers cannot sit in those areas.
9. High ventilation fans are placed inside where tickets are purchased.
10. Only two ticket purchasers allowed in at once.
11. Clear separators are installed between cashiers and customers buying tickets.
12. 6 feet social distancing practiced at the cashier station and while standing in lines for go karts.
13. Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout GKW.